~~~~~~~~~ "We are here for only a moment, wanderers and sojourners in the land as our ancestors were before us. Our days on earth are like a passing shadow, gone so soon without a trace." I Chron. 29:15 NLT





Thursday, March 15, 2012

Trying To Get Back on Track--Again

Ah, well, yes. I'm here as you can see.  I loved the candle background, but it's time for a change.  I like something new and different just because it keeps me from getting bored.

I'm feeling so much better than I did in spite of the fact that the burning pain in my hands, feet, and muscle aches have been unrelenting in the last month or so.  I think the time change has something to do with it.  It's essential that I take medications at the same time daily.  I guess this too shall pass.  It's something how an hour difference can mess with our lives, especially as we get more mature (notice I didn't say "older").

My cats have been giving me funny looks since their feeding schedule isn't making sense to them.  They think I'm nuts--I can see it in their eyes and non-verbals.  I didn't explain Daylight Savings Time to them since they've never understood why we humans mess with things to make life difficult.  I just told them that as both hubby and  I age we get forgetful and a little insane sometimes.  That they understood 'cause they're both past the 10-year mark, which would put them in their seventies--quite a bit older than us.

Forgive me, Sam E. and Bunny.  You act more than a little nuts--especially Bunny, who after a year of trying to get her used to Sam E., still has a hissy-fit which riles him.  I hate having fighting cats indoors.  If anyone can give me a good idea how to get them to be distant friends, I'll try anything once.  As it is now, we schedule the times that they're in the main part of the house so at least they can socialize with hubby and me.

I guess I can understand why Bunny would resent that.  She's never thought of herself as a cat since my daughter and I raised her from infancy when Amy found her in the middle of the street during harvest time.  The other cats which were in our house when she came got used to her instead of she having to get used to them.

I would love to post some new pictures, but we're going to help our daughter get ready for their oldest daughter's seventh birthday party this afternoon.  She had hoped to get a lot done yesterday, but the baby is fussy with teething and Alana came home from school in a bad mood and wouldn't clean her room--just a chain of events like that to prevent her from getting everything ready.

Working on my blog spot to tuning it up to more my liking,  and posting pictures will have to wait for another day.  We'll see about that.  May the Good Lord hold you in the palms of His Hands.








5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you have some busy hours ahead of you. What a good idea to change up your blog to keep up with the change of season.

Dee said...

Hi there...welcome back...I changed up my blog a little also. My cats do not fight... but they hiss at each other all the time which is very annoying. Sometimes I think they resent being forced into captivity together for eleven years. We love them and they love us but they would each just as soon be an only kitty.LOL

Diana said...

Being one that has had 10 cats over the years all I can say is maybe just keep trying to play with them together. If you play and pet them together instead of separetly,they may get more used to having fun together.
If that doesn't work, only time will tell. Cats are so, well... CATS!!
I love your background, it looks familiar!! If I ever have the time again, I would like something more spring or summer like.
I hope your pain eases. Mine has been troublesome lately too, the Arthritis. Have fun at the party!
Love Di ♥

Anonymous said...

hello there - re your " sailer post" on saturday please send me a pm and i will sort you out we do similar ones
ta
jamie dentims

MissKris said...

Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog! It's always so nice to have someone stop by and be brave enough to let me know. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you'll come back! :-)