~~~~~~~~~ "We are here for only a moment, wanderers and sojourners in the land as our ancestors were before us. Our days on earth are like a passing shadow, gone so soon without a trace." I Chron. 29:15 NLT





Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter

The Saturday before Easter  (23rd) we went to our oldest granddaughter's soccer game.  She certainly has fun being mostly-the-goalee, but she has a mean kick too.  We took younger brother with us.  He was mostly on my lap, hiding his face and hands from the chilly wind.  It was pretty cold, and I was so glad I wore my winter coat instead of the spring jacket I thought would be warm enough.
For lunch we met with my niece from Las Vegas--she was working at her mom's house this past week, painting and putting up new curtains, refreshing it for a renter. I certainly admire her for getting around so soon after her mom's, my sister's,  death.  She flew home later in the afternoon to be at home with her family for Easter.
We got manipulated into staying for supper with Amy and family, when she said it was waffle and sausage night.  Now, her waffles are the best, and the German sausage is made in Hillsboro, KS.  It's not spicy, but has a smoked flavor like a lot of us around the area grew up with when our parent's did their own butchering.
It was so unusual not to have my family's annual Easter get together.  There aren't that many of us  in this area anymore, and we had all just been together for our sister's funeral.  Our daughter and her family came to our house.  This was Baby Abigail's first big outing--going to  church, coming here for dinner, and letting her parents shop at Walmart for necessities.
The girls were so cute in their matching dresses, with Easter hats for Alana and April.  April is so cute in what she says:   In church she asked her mom, "What in the world is going on here?"  For while she was telling me, "I've got an idea."  or "I've got a plan."  Never found out what the idea or plan was.
Our dinner was baked ham and baked potatoes, Black Cherry jello with applesauce for filling, Zwiebach (two-bun rolls), roasted corn cobs,  and Spring decorated cake for dessert. I made it easy by not making the traditional Graham Cracker Fluff.   Our son, Mark, and Tammy couldn't make it from Topeka.  They took Tammy's mom out so she could have some away-time from the nursing home where she's recovering from a stroke.
I've been having problems loading pictures.  I'll try and see what I can do.  It used be so easy to use the Picasa program for the blog, but after the changes made here Picasa doesn't seem to work as well.  Or at all!

No comments: