~~~~~~~~~ "We are here for only a moment, wanderers and sojourners in the land as our ancestors were before us. Our days on earth are like a passing shadow, gone so soon without a trace." I Chron. 29:15 NLT





Saturday, November 01, 2008

On the Lighter Side

I was delighted to find a whole book full of Will Roger's wit and humor at our used bookstore a couple of weeks ago. I'll probably be sharing from it occasionally. Here are some of his remarks about politics and politicians:

"Common sense is not an issue in politics; it's an affliction."

"Everybody figures politics according to what they've accumulated during the last couple of years. Every guy looks in his pockets and then votes."

"You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people."

"I guess the truth can hurt you worse in an election than about anything that could happen to you."

from The Will Rogers Book, compiled by Paula McSpadden Love (a niece). Revised. Texian Press, 1971.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Love these quotes. Thanks for sharing them. I'm really hoping common sense rules in this election. If people would just quit watching the news I have hope!