~~~~~~~~~ "We are here for only a moment, wanderers and sojourners in the land as our ancestors were before us. Our days on earth are like a passing shadow, gone so soon without a trace." I Chron. 29:15 NLT





Thursday, December 04, 2008

Oh, Oh! I dropped my thoughts again

If I'd hit the refresh button before I complained about the weather gadget I'd saved myself some embarrassment! Oh, it's not fun losing my mind to the aging process. Sometimes when someone asks me, "What were you thinking?" I draw a blank. Now, for someone like me, who has always had an overactive mind, to not be thinking is pretty much a catastrophe, you know.

Actually, it's quite scary. It gets worse when I say what I'm not thinking to my hubby or daughter and they give me that look. You know the one that makes me realize I just said something stupid. And then, I start thinking about what I said and I wish I'd thought before I said it. Now, our son, he would just laugh and I could laugh with him. I need more people like our son in my life when I've lost my thoughts.

I know one thing for sure, I'm trying to figure out where all that intelligence I thought I had has gone! It could be a lack of sleep that causes those forgetful moments, and scrambles my words. Yeah, that's it, all that late-night bloggin' has gone to my head--literally.

Can anyone explain why my thoughts and words sometimes scramble when I'm talking to someone, while my writing makes sense. Or does it? Well, see there, my confidence has hit an all-time low. Okay, since I can't seem to catch a thought and hold it in my brain long enough to express it intelligibly, I'll share some borrowed thoughts from others.

"Inside every older person is a younger person...wondering what happened."

I'm a walking storeroom of facts -- I've just lost the key to the storeroom door.

You know you're getting old when you stop to think and forget to start again.

You know you're getting old when getting a little action means your prune juice is working.

"Genuine Antique Person," Been there, done that, can't remember!

Always wanted to be a procrastinator, but never got around to it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very familiar with losing my thoughts periodically. I think you're too young to have this ailment!

I have another thought for you. "I was going upstairs and sat down half way up to rest; then I couldn't remember if I was going up or down" Have a blessed day!

Betty said...

I know what you mean. Happens to me too. And I don´t think I´m old yet. I like the getting old quotes. Funny!

Dee said...

Perfect post for me as i will be reaching a milestone birthday on the 11th of December. Dee

Dee said...

Thank you for the reminder to get my mind of my circumstances and back on God and his promises. I feel much better. Dee

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I hate when I start to go into another room and halfway there, forget why I was going there.....lol!