~~~~~~~~~ "We are here for only a moment, wanderers and sojourners in the land as our ancestors were before us. Our days on earth are like a passing shadow, gone so soon without a trace." I Chron. 29:15 NLT





Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Where I've been

I've been in between here and there. I don't know how I'm going to get caught up to the present.


I'll just start by saying I saw the first snow bird today (Slate-Colored Junco), and snow is forecast to be here in a couple of days. Where did Fall go? Alan would say it's in the 10-12 42 gal. trash bags full of leaves that he has to haul off to the landfill. Most of those leaves are from the Autumn Blaze we planted 3 or 4 years ago. Here's a picture of it to show you how it lived up to its name before it became naked and its beautiful clothes ended up in the bags.
Fall is so glorious, but it's been gloomy more days than not. But the temperatures have been unseasonably warm, although the wind about blows us away. There's plenty to do in the house since I've started my decluttering project for real!
Hubby has been hyjacking my computer to enter pictures and documents of his mother's, a few that go as far back as the late 1800's. Here's a sampling of what he's downloaded to Picassa. We hope to get them on DVD to archive for our son and daughter to have for reference.

Alan's mother was a beautiful young woman in the 1920's.

"You want us to go on our honeymoon in what?"

As long as there have been cameras, there will be those who ham it up.

I like this picture below from long ago of Alan's uncle and aunt

6 comments:

Donna's Book Nook said...

Its good to have you back! I love your old pictures. I've recently gone through a lot of pictures from my Dad and Mom. They seem more precious somehow, now that they are gone.

Loved your tree--it was beautiful.

Dee said...

Hey there..welcome back. Great photo's. I love that we live in the day of such great technology where we can restore, preserve and share photo's. I have been having Junco's at my feeder for about three weeks, plus cardinals. Now all we need is the snow! :-)

Betty W said...

Good to see you posting again! I hope you are well! Your MIL was a beautiful woman! Loved the old pictures and they will be a precious memory to your kids.

Allen and Debby Graber said...

I love old photos! Good idea to scan them in and put on a CD. That would be good to do for all the kids' growing up pictures too. I don't relish making albums for each one. I just made one album for me to look at.**I haven't seen juncos yet! One of my favorite birds. I'll have to be on the look out! ** So we also planted an autumn blaze 4 years ago. It looks puny compared to yours. And the leaves are more orange than red. Do you use special fertilizer? Good to have you back!

Blu-I'd-Blonde said...

Thank you all for your comments. It's good to be back. I hope I can be more consistent in posting, but a lot depends on my ability to get other things done while working around the pain and fatigue.

Donna, pictures are such a blessing when it comes to reliving our memories.

Dee: my hubby wants to try and get 43 years, plus his mother's lifetime pics on archival CD's before Christmas. He just might get it done!

Betty: hey there, it's good to hear from you.

Debby: I s'pose trees have different personalities? Alan does put those fertilizer sticks around our trees, but this one's been a good grower and beautiful right from the start. Be careful what you wish for. Alan and grandkids raked together 10-11 42 gal. bags of leaves just from this tree! That's a fact, 'cause the Burr Oaks hadn't changed color yet when he bagged the leaves from this tree. I saved a few leaves and pressed them, but the color never stays as bright.

Blu-I'd-Blonde said...

Oops, sorry I repeated myself about the bags of leaves. That's the way it goes these days--those Senior moments, you know!